Promotion of Research in the Human Sciences
The most pressing tasks in the twenty-first century are the coexistence of all peoples in the world and the survival of humankind on this planet. The human sciences continue to hold the keys for addressing these difficult challenges.
NIHU promotes the development of new fields of study in the human sciences and research activities aimed at development of advanced and international research. It coordinates inter-institutional resource sharing in Japan and overseas.
NIHU integrates the research resources and research results accumulated by each of its institutes and promotes inter-institutional research for the further advancement of scholarship.
Exhibit within the academic world and also to promote links with socjiety by furnishing the people.
At NIHU, systems are being developed for nihuINT(integrated retrieval) and application of data from existing research databases.
Project to Promote Resource Sharing
Aim to enhance a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of cultures and societies that are regarded as having special social and scholarly significance to Japan.
- Inter-Institutional Research
- Inter-Institutional Exhibitions Resource Sharing
- Resource Sharing System
- - nihuINT System
- - nDP
- - GT-Tools
- - Listing System of Personal Names
- - Information
- Project to Promote Resource Sharing
- - About the Promotion Project
- - Resource Sharing System
- - Activities of the Promotion Project Committee
- - Newsletter
- - Research Workshops
- - English Resource Guide for Japanese Studies and Humanities in Japan
- - Reference
- - Information
- Japan-related Documents and Artifacts Overseas
- International Collaboration and Cooperation in Research
- Area Studies
- Public Information Services